If you would like to make use of the hot tub at Aspen Lodge, please visit this page to fill out the policy form.
1. The properties: Tigh na Coille and Aspen lodge are privately owned by Alastair and Ann MacLennan. All booking and other correspondence should be with us.
Please note that the principal person signing the rental agreement and hot tub disclaimer MUST be over 25 and staying on the property during the rental.
If you are booking on behalf of guests who are all under 25 it is ONLY by prior arrangement, please phone to discuss if this is the case.
We will not accept bookings from people under 25, proof of age may be asked for on arrival. Please see section 11: Restrictions of rentals for further details.
Alastair and Ann MacLennan
Grantown on Spey
Tel 01479 821636
2. Reservation deposit: Booking deposits are non-refundable. Booking deposits are as follows:
Tigh na Coille £200
Aspen Lodge £500
3. Good housekeeping bond: it is very rare that we have had to put this bond into action as most people respect the properties, but, due to one or two issues we have now put this in place. If the houses are returned at the end of the holiday without damage and are left clean and tidy this will not come into play.
The good housekeeping bond is a security bond that is taken on the understanding that the client will take care of and cause no damage to the property rented during their stay. Any damage to the property will be deducted from the bond. We ask for a credit/ debit card and the principal renter agrees that any damages may be debited from the credit card within 4 weeks of departure. The amount taken will not exceed the amount below. If damage exceeds this amount we will correspond and detail the damage and expect full compensation. If there is a disagreement, we will place the issue in the hands of our lawyers.
Aspen Lodge bond £750
Tigh na Coille bond £300
If there are no breakages, extra cleaning costs or damage there will be no deductions from the card.
4. Reservations and payment for rentals: A deposit must be paid on booking to secure the reservation, this can be done by bank transfer, debit or credit card. We also take cheques by arrangement. The balance of payment for the holiday is due 8 weeks before the holiday commences, failure to pay this will be treated as a cancellation and the deposit will not be returned.
5. Cancellation: we strongly recommend you to have cancellation and curtailment insurance. Having to cancel your holiday is hard enough but the loss of the rental cost is an additional set back. There is no return of the deposit or the full rental on cancellation
6. Holiday insurance: As well as Cancellation and Curtailment insurance, we also strongly recommend holiday insurance to cover loss or damage to personal effects. Under no circumstances can the owners be held responsible for any loss or damage to the client’s property.
7. Period of let: Aspen lodge is only rented by the week, this is from 5 pm on the Friday until 10am the following Friday. Tigh na Coille is rented by the week , Saturday 4pm until 10am the following Saturday. Over the festive season, Easter, July, August, September and October, but may be available for shorter lets at other times. Please speak to us if you would like further information and prices.
8. Damage: Please let us know if there are any ‘accidents’ or breakages during your stay. There is a sheet left for you to make a note of any breakages, feedback etc… Please fill this in before you leave. Any damages, replacements will need to be paid for. The person booking is responsible for ALL damage done by ANY of the party staying that week. Please let us know as soon as possible and we will try to replace/repair the breakage/problem.
9. Cleaning: The houses are cleaned before you arrive and it is expected that you respect the property and leave it clean and tidy for the next clients. If there is above normal cleaning then this will be charged.
10. Christmas and New Year: both houses will have Christmas trees and some other decorations over the festive season unless there is a specific request not to have them.
11. Restrictions on rental: Please note the principal person renting the house must be 25 or over .If the person booking is doing so for someone younger than 25, we MUST be informed and this may be allowed by agreement.
We reserve the right to refuse entry or ask for ID for any groups of guests who appear under 25.
Neither of the houses can be sub-let to a third party. There is a maximum occupancy for both houses; this is the TOTAL number whether it is adults or children.
Aspen Lodge is for a MAXIMUM of 10
Tigh na Coille is for a MAXIMUM of 6
There is an allowance for a cot in addition to this by arrangement. If the numbers exceed this then we reserve the right to refuse entry, charge an excess occupancy rate or terminate the let immediately with no refund .
If we suspect there is major damage and major disrespect of the property or its contents during the stay, we reserve the to inspect it. If there has been damage and disrespect within the property we also reserve the right terminate the occupancy immediately with no refund.
When booking, please let us know how many adults and children are expected during the stay.
12. Problems/Complaints: please let us know immediately if you have any problems at any stage during your stay and we will try our best to help and resolve the issue.
13. Pets: Sorry no pets allowed at either property, this includes in the house, staying in the car or in the garden.
14. Linen: All linen and towels are provided in Tigh na Coille and Aspen Lodge. In addition, Aspen lodge supplies dressing gowns, slippers and leisure towels.
15. Cots and High Chairs: both are available on request, please ask us when booking and we will have them ready for you. Please note that linen for the cot is NOT supplied.
16. Telephone: There are pay phones in both properties should you require them
17. Liability and responsibility: The owners cannot be held responsible or accept any liability for loss, damage or injury sustained whilst on either property.
18. Exclusion of the Rent act: The contract effected on confirmation of reservation relates to a holiday let only and is therefore not an assured tenancy in terms of the Housing(Scotland) Act 1988. This confers on the client the right to occupy either property for the period agreed for the holiday only, in terms of Schedule 4 Section of the afore mentioned Act.
19. Winter/ adverse weather conditions: We are in the Scottish Highlands and sometimes the weather is severe. We cannot be held responsible for non arrival of guests to either house, because of closed roads due adverse weather/accidents etc… We are not responsible for failure of utilities services delivered by 3rd parties eg electricity, water supply, waste services, TV signal, WiFi etc.. No refunds will be given in either case.
20. Sky TV: Both Aspen Lodge and Tigh na Coille have a full Sky package.
21. Smoking: We request you do not smoke in the house. Outside ashtrays are provided, please do not leave cigarette ends around the grounds.
22. Aspen Hot Tub: Aspen lodge has a hot tub, you will be asked to sign a hot tub disclaimer form. The person signing this must be over 25 and is responsible for letting ALL the people staying that week know about the health and safety, rules and regulations and extra charges that may be incurred if procedures are not followed.
Please see the Aspen Lodge hot tub disclaimer document for full details.
Please note if the hot tub water needs changed because procedures have not been followed, then this makes the tub inoperable for up to 48 hours and there is a £75 charge.
23. Sauna: Aspen Lodge has a sauna, this is used at your own risk and we are no way responsible for any health problems , accident or injury related to using the sauna. No alcohol in the sauna please, damage to the sauna is to be paid for.
24. Terms and Conditions: We reserve the right to amend the terms and conditions at any time, any changes will appear on our website.